Saturday, April 23, 2016

Still in Windy New Mexico

Last night was the coolest so far. The sky clouded over and the wind blew, but we slept very well - the beds are totally agreeable to us. Today the sun has been mostly obscured, but it's still plenty warm. I love going to the back to lay down whenever I so desire (Heather)! I had the slow cooker plugged in all night, and the dinner was still warm when we stopped to eat at noon.

We drove through most of New Mexico and crossed the Continental Divide. The entire day we fought high winds, and arrived in Tucumcari.



Much of I-40 follows along historic Route 66. It's neat to see the old highway come in and out of view as we drive along I-40.



Our goal was the dinosaur museum run by the Mesaland College which we were able to tour.


We'll be spending the night here, but opted to not attend the rodeo. We just can't take any more wind!

1 comment: