Tuesday, May 21, 2024

SD Rest Area and Rapid City

We drove on to Sioux Falls, SD, to meet with Kyle. Had lunch with him. He's waiting to get a police job.



From there we headed west and ended up at a rest area just short of Murdo. Slept well; gained another hour on our way home - westward bound! The roads (I-90) are very smooth and straight. Great driving - only there is always some wind! (from the north - thanks, Canada!)

The rest areas are pleasant stops. I decided early on I would get out and walk each time we stopped at one. I've been quite faithful at that. In one of them a small chapel had been built. Inside were Bibles and children's Bibles; well maintained and clean. As I approached the chapel, a bright yellow bird flew up. What a great place to go for a walk!

Now we are situated at our favorite camp site in town. The pool will not be open; the weather is cool. We plan to stay until Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment