Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Everyday Living & Beauty


Our everyday activity – shop for food for the day. This is foreign to me – at home I always have a freezer full and buy things in quantity (not like I used to, but still more than for one day). We are spoiled – I have never gone to a store and found the shelf empty, or the item I wanted out of stock. When that happens here, we don’t know if that item has been discontinued or if it was a special purchase. Or maybe we just forgot at which store we found it to start with! And remember, you have to carry it all home in your backpack (we each have one).

What would you pick if you were shopping?
 




 

Some things are on sale:



We buy bread by the slice (4, 5, 6, 8, 9 to a bag - the fewer the slices, the thicker each one is - $1 or more per bag). I've been making bread, but which bag has the flour I want?? I haven't found whole wheat or any flour besides white.



Our walk to the store is full of beauty – flowers everywhere. No grassy yards to pass by, but many colorful blooms.















As I write, a truck is going up and down our street with a loudspeaker announcing what?? We were able to ask someone what - he is picking up large items for disposal.

2 comments:

  1. It is so true that we don't use whole wheat flour often- In fact, I never used it until I came to the US. And we only ate white rice growing up. Even though all of those things are changing by now, I feel that whole-wheat and brown- things are very much American! Haha!
    Those sushi looks so good, and so cheap! I have to say their food options are very wide and so much cheaper than the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We certainly have enjoyed all the Japanese food we've had. And we just found out that we'll be at one more feast before we leave. Our church is having a taco rice party for Father's Day - 2 days before we leave here.

    ReplyDelete